Re: fruityloops

Hi Rob

to make percussive loops (not just drums) via software I use a lot of
progs... testing software and writing for a music mag has its
advantages... :)

I can suggest fruity loops, rebirth (with mods and the rewire technology
you
can do really great things ), acid, drumstation, gigasampler, reality,
probe, cubase VST with rex files, reaktor, dreamstation, audiomulch,
hammerhead and moonfish, simsynth.... and these are just my preferred
ones... not that I use all them at the same time, in every project!

lot of my work is done on my samplers too.. the communication between
software and hardware plays a big role in my production method: the
dialogue
between PC, Yamaha A3k and Ensoniq ASR X is entirely digital, so I have
maximum creative flexibility.
For example, I could program a basic beat using the ASR X pads (one of my
preferred methods...), send the loop to the PC where I can resequence the
whole pattern. the rearranged groove can go to the A3000 for some weird
processing and come back to the PC for final editing. Lots of options,
really.

hope this helps
ciao
leo