Re: jamming over the edp

At 6:34 AM -0700 10/22/99, Openjam99@aol.com wrote:
>Hello, I have abandoned my 2 jammen for 1 EDP. I happy so far except one
>thing. with the EDP how can I cruise through loop structures and solo over
>them without automatically recording them?

It normally works the way you want. You probably have a parameter set where
you don't realize what it does. (sampler style, autorecord, etc.) You might
want to start back at the default parameters. (hold the parameter button
down while you power up to restore defaults, keep it held til it gets to
the play state.) Set it to 3 loops with the MoreLoops parameter, and play
around with that for a while. Once you get the hang of the more basic use,
then try experimenting with some of the more advanced parameters.

>Example: 3 loops. On the fly I can record 1-2-3 but when I get back to 1
>or 2
>the EDP wants to record. I want it to simply play and allow me to add
>texture
>when I build up another jam.

do you mean it is overdubbing always, or is recording a new loop? If it is
overdubbing, you may have it in Delay mode. The it will act like a delay
where the input is always open and audio is always being fed into the delay
line. Check the Loop/Delay parameter, make sure it is in Loop. (which is
the default, so it will be Loop if you reset the parameters.)

kim