Re: MIDI looper?

Travis Hartnett wrote:
> Is there sequencing software (or better, a standalone sequencer) which
>can
> act as a looper, except for MIDI events instead of audio?

I have an old Alesis MMT8 that would be good for this. Its in the same
slant-front case as the now-venerable Alesis drum machines of the same era
(HR-16 I think.)

The unit is set up to have eight "tracks," with each track having a button
on the front panel. The machine also has a loop mode where all eight tracks
just keep looping (they all have to be the same length though.) So you
could
have eight MIDI loops running, and use the front panel buttons to select or
mute tracks accordingly.

And the best part, they aren't too hard to find, and they sell used for
about $150.

-- Mango --