on being OT

Hi all -

Sorry, I am the one who started the strings thread.  I also recently
started a
thread on wrist injuries, the GT-3 and, come to think of it, practically
everything I've ever posted to the list has not been loop-related.  In my
defense, that's because I can't seem to get ahold of a ^*&R&*$^%! EDP.
Hopefully, that will change very shortly, at which point I may be able to
contribute some on-topic posts.

I have to say that this list has been immensely helpful to me as a player,
and
I think we all owe Kim a lot for keeping it running.  And, from being on
some
software lists full of newbies asking unrelated questions, I can definitley
emphasize with those loopers who already know their gear, their strings,
and a
hell of a lot of other stuff, and just want to talk about looping here, but
have to wade through a million posts that aren't particularly relevant.

If Kim or anyone else knows of another list that is as relatively low
traffic (
I get 4-7 digests a DAY from the evil list I mentioned above), with as many
helpful quality people on it, I will happily post all offtopic guitar
topics
there.  If not, I'll still try to restrain myself from polluting this list
when
it's not relevant.  I expect to get ahold of an EDP soon, at which point I
should be full of on-topic questions...

Thanks,

MT

PS:  At the same time, I do appreciate the answers I got on strings.
Thanks!