Re: unsuscribe

Here are the "unsubscribe" instructions, as found on the LD site. Please note that the address is different from regular list postings, and observe the spelling of the word "unsubscribe".

At 08:08 PM 2/28/99 -0800, you wrote:
> unsuscribe

I'm sorry, I need to unsubscribe from Looper's Delight. How do I do that? It's not that I dislike people there or anything, you understand.

To unsubscribe, send mail with the word "unsubscribe" in both the subject and body, and no sig files or anything else, to:

Loopers-Delight-request@annihilist.com

I'm having trouble subscribing/unsubscribing to the list. What's wrong?

Usually people have trouble because they try to have a conversation with me or someone while subscribing. Don't do that. The subscription process is automated, and the mailing list server is very stupid. Idle conversation totally confuses it. It also will totally fail to understand the witty quote in your signature file. So turn those sig files off!

If you say anything other than "subscribe" it makes a confused whimpering sound and then replies to you with a help file. You may want to consider reading the help file before resending the exact same subscribe mail 30 times. (you'd be surprised!)

other common problems:

- Don't use the quotes on "subscribe." It's just subscribe

- Subscribe is spelled S - U - B - S - C - R - I - B - E.

If you still have a problem, send me mail at: kflint@annihilist.com