Re: unsubscribe / grumpy loopers

I do think there is something to this notion that some loopers get to
exercise control freak tendencies without having to deal with "my lame
drummer who can't keep a straight beat", or any of the other fallible
human types. Looping pleasure can be like the pleasure one gets from
hearing one's own voice. Which leads to another notion and reminds me of
my favorite quote, from the Sherlock Holmes story "The Valley of Fear":
"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly
recognizes genius." I think musical collaboration is a remedy to
individual mediocrity. Now, collaboration can still produce mediocre
music, but I'll go out on a limb and say not as mediocre as the average
"solo effort."

This is coming from a guy who has done more masturbatory wanking on his
guitar and bass and drum machine than a hermit teen male with "special"
magazines would do on his "instrument."

Jim

p.s. If you must dis Fripp's stage demeanor, please do so elsewhere.
:-)!