edp query

I think I'll repost my little edp question from a few days back - it
probably went under during all of the flaming etc. - the oblique humor
of my original post probably didn't help either :-) ... here goes:

Dear loopers,

A friend of mine has a query concerning the insert/ rehearse mode on his
edp (with LOOP v5.0). When he switches his edp to INSERT mode, it only
works as advertised the first time through. The second time through the
edp behaves in normal looping mode, i.e. it simply creates a "closed"
loop and doesn't allow further "rehearsals".

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with his edp that needs
tending to?

thanks,
rob