Re: which echo unit?

Definitely the Headrush, esp. if cost is a concern.  I use mine as a
continuous "tapeloop"-type delay and you can get 24 sec. out of it.  Plus,
it has the best audio spec of any of the devices mentioned on the list.
Nothing fancy, though--mono, no sort of sync possibility.  Does have an
adjustable filter for that oldtime mush....

David Myers