Re: Echoplex repair question - RESISTOR MOD

Doug Lawrence wrote:

> I finally got a hold of Mike Ayers yesterday ... they are ~not~
>accepting EDP's for repairs.

> I have had an EDP that has been at Triple S in New Jersey for over 4
>months for repairs.

This kind of thing scares me. I have an older EDP (~1995) and I need to
have the resistors changed to upgrade the Input and Output gain stages.
I am good with a soldering iron but I do *not* want to do this becuase
the circuit board is so packed together. I want it done by somone who
knows *exactly* what they are doing and has done this common EDP
modification before. This isn't even a repair really but I need to find
someone who can do it.

Is there a technician or  listmember who you can reccomend who won't
keep my machine for three months and who is honest and timely in their
repairs and who has actually done this mod and knows what it's about?
The mod is simply two resitors changes and is listed in the the LD web
page EDP FAQ at:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/echoplex/FAQ6.html#Anchor-47383

Any help appreciated. I'd like to get this done ASAP as I have a show in
December that i want to use this for.

Thanks for any/all help!

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.