Re: Line6 DL4

Hi,

     I just ordered the DL4 and the modulation box as well, I was told
they'd be in either later this week or next. I use the line 6 POD and am so
impressed by that...hopefully these pedals will be the same level of sonic
quality. Not to mention that Gibson seems to have fallen asleep at the
wheel with the Echoplex :+(

     It was my understanding that Line 6 wanted to provide these boxes as
accurate 'models' of the effects boxes they are designed from. So, for the
delay unit, the loop sampler is really the Boomerang...Line 6 gives 14.5
seconds of sample time. For the delays, they either kept the delays the
same as the original effects box, or increased it in some cases to 2.5 sec.
Plus, the delay box (and I think the modulation) process internally at 24
bits resolution.

     Looking forward to the "poor man's echoplex"!

Tom