Re: Help!!! have I got a problem with Vortex?

In a message dated 04/11/99 17:39:23 GMT Standard Time, mark@grape.no
writes:

> change or something ...except its not supposed to, so.. si swithched it
>off
> and
>  went to bed... now it had been left on for about 48 hours, so it was a
>tad
> warm,
>  but its cold here in Norway and I have to keep warm somehow   :)
How warm? Mine stays fairly cool for hours.
What's your mains voltage over there?
You might like to check that your wall wart is putting out 9V AC, and not
more.
(Well actually, when it isn't connected to the vortex the wart will give
you a
higher reading than that,  mine gives 10V AC)
If the wart's giving out too much voltage I would expect this to cause
overheating
which could eventually cause a fault, maybe one like yours. Sometimes the
gear survives this sort of fault, and starts to work when it cools off ,
but I
wouldn't recommend you to run a device like this, as you may eventually do
permanent damage.

Andy Butler
Lexicon Vortex Database
http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm