Re: AW: Help!!! have I got a problem with Vortex?

>>> mark <mark@grape.no> 11/05 12:46 AM >>>
Thanks for your speedy responses, but...um... what/where are the
"rotary encoders? Im guessing its the components that do the rotary
effects, so Ill go home tonight and check to see if its only the
"Rotary" type effects that stutter...

Nice try Mark, but it's not related to rotary effects... It's the two
knobs with multiple parameters.  The other knob is the input level
knob which has a smooth feel. There's the value knob as well which
feels like the other two rotary encoders but I'm not sure if it's the
same value and model.

As for routing... Vortex does like being in line serially best. I've
used it after my main guitar signal / after my looper / and on aux
busses as well (some of the more radical helicopter sounds and pitch
warps still work well on aux busses and allow you to move 'em around
to various channels...

The most versatile placement for me was on the alt 3/4 buss on my
Mackie... There's an alt 3/4 button on each channel which sends
*stereo* to the alt 3/4 outputs... then I return it to another channel
so I can still loop it by sending on an aux buss. I could push the alt
button on and channel to send anything I wanted to the Vortex...

-m