Re: Boycott everyone

>And since your little boycott idea threatens Matthias and I in developing
>new echoplex software, and may even jeopardize future echoplex production
>(although I doubt it), some people here aren't likely to be real
>supportive
>either. After all, opcode was not willing to invest in real-time loop
>products (before or after Gibson), Gibson has invested a lot in this area
>and stuck with it for years.
>
>...and according to Keyboard this month, Logic, Cubase, and MOTU are
>better
>than vision. :-)

Kim is right on target here. Gibson wil never see a dime back
from their investment in Opcode - they should be credited with
taking such a huge risk, considering the competition form market
leaders like Cubase, et al.

It's an understatement to say the idea of a boycott is
counter-productive. Not only is it unwarranted, but even
if you could muster the legions you propose - 40K (highly
unlikely) - it would be about as effective as a flea on an
elephant. As a multi-national company, Gibson is safely
diversified. Its whole guitar division would have to collapse
to have any quantitative effect.

- Larry