Re: mr bungle

While I do enjoy Bungle in small doses (and the related Spruance project
Secret Chiefs 3 somewhat more), what I h-, er, dislike is when I jam with
people who want to do lame 2nd generation Bunglesque ripoffs. A little
homage/parody goes a LOOOOONG way, but at least Mr. Bungle have some
imagination and originality. I've never caught them live; on recordings
Patton can be annoying, but it sounds like he'd be a lot of fun to see in
concert. I don't think I'll ever become a huge fan, but I can appreciate
some of what they do.

Regarding Zorn, has anyone else noticed that while much of his stuff is
indeed obnoxious, some of it is absolutely brilliant and tasteful. But I
find this inconsistency really steers me away from purchasing his CD's
because they're such a crap-shoot, sometimes literally.

Tim