Re: more toys [no loop content]

At 8:26 AM -0800 11/10/99, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
>but i can still play the lick from "smoke on the water" on my
>unmentionable............:)..........michael

At one point in my life I was doing some demo work for Don Buchla when his
Thunder MIDI controller was new. We were at a NAMM show, and I had worked
up a demo that showed off the Thunder in many ways, mostly in the ambient
or experimental "genres". At one point in the demo I broke into a version
of "Smoke On The Water" (this was at NAMM, after all), which I thought was
completely hilarious... a ludicrous thing to be playing on this touch pad
MIDI controller.

Most people got it and also chuckled at this, but this one couple looked at
me with something approaching pity and walked off shaking their heads. A
memory I'll always cherish.

Chris

Chris Muir   |   cbm@well.com   |   Got moloko?