Re: Recomended Looping Device

€ Odds of finding a JamMan
Pretty good on eBay, but expect to pay $500-700.

Having used the both the Headrush and the Boomerang for looping acoustic
guitar, I'd probably lean towards the Boomerang.  They've each got their
pros and cons, but here are some things to consider:

Headrush (in looping mode):
Pros: CD-spec sound quality, small footprint, allows you to undo all
overdubs after the initial loop, cheapest looping device available

Cons: feedback level not adjustable (and set rather high), no easy way to
adjust volume level with your foot, 11.5 sec max looping time (with
overdubs)

Boomerang
Pros: 2 minutes looping time in high-resolution mode, 4 minutes in low,
quiet footswitches (acoustically quiet--important with acoustic guitar,
even
amplified), backwards and half-speed feature, roller volume control
designed
for foot control

Cons: feedback level not adjustable (although doesn't seem set as high as
the Headrush), you have to hold the overdub switch down (doesn't latch),
larger footprint, more expensive than Headrush, lower sampling rate (32kHz
[as I recall], although I've found no issue with it in live settings)

TH