Frisell

To all those who might care:
Bill Frisell appears on Don Byron's new Album, "Romance with the Unseen"
w/ Jack Dejonette and a bassist who's name escapes me.  Not only will you
weep for the triumphant return of Frisell's jazz-oriented style but jaws
will drop at his deft integration of loops throughout the album.
'Homegoing' and 'One Finger Snap' are two of the finest pieces of music
I've heard on professional release in the last year. The later of which is
almost entirely Frisell loops w/ Don visiting the head & solos.
And for those who might disparage the man, I just checked out his tour
through the Northwest with Brian Blade (d), Victor Krauss (b), and Greg
Leisz (slide/pedal).  Check the material live before you disparage the
Good Dog/Happy Man album.  It might come off too rootsy at first but it
blossoms under scrutiny and repeated listening.
If you trade CD-R, I'd love to get the material out to you.
Its also funny you should mention his 'chair' (which he does rock)
On stage Frisell has that stool where the PDS 8000 and some other stuff
rest... now that's the kind of rockin chair I'm talking about!
-Ian
(I'm new to the list today.   Is there a Digest version available?)