Re:Boomerang/Headrush comparison (cont.)

1. With the Boomerang, if you want to overdub onto an existing loop, you
have to keep your foot on the "Stack" switch while you're overdubbing.
Contrast this with the Headrush, where you tap the switch to start
overdubbing, then tap another switch when you're done.  There's good and
bad
to both designs, but I've found this to be no real obstacle on the
Boomerang. I'd say it actually makes it easier to overdub accurately
because
the throw of the switch is much shorter than the Akai switches (which also
click loudly when depressed).  You can finesse the Boomer switches, whereas
the Akai requires you to hit them with commitment.

2. You might want to check with Boomerang directly--Mike Nelson (co-owner)
was advertising one for $369 (I believe) that was new but with a couple of
minor finish defects.  Failing that, you might try Krazy Kat Music in San
Antonio (I forget their web address).  Ask for Bobdog--he's on this list
somewhere.

TH