Re: Mujedo, not Menudo! Sheesh!

Hi, all...
        Here's a reminder and directions about and to my gig in Atlanta
this
weekend. If you're in or around the area, please try to come out. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Jeff McLeod

.....saturday....november 20....at eyedrum....

                STULL
free thinking trio from birmingham

              SHHHHH
free feeling trio from atlanta

10 p.m. call 404-581-0961 for more info
253 trinity ave. downdowntown near capitol.

Stull is an improvising trio from Montgomery, AL that specializes in
beating tired musical forms out of sleep and into death. In the course of
one improvisation, one might be treated to massive, nightmarish
soundscapes, lovely twee melodies, skull-rattling skronk, hot-dog Yngwie
Malmsteen on acid licks, brain-licking prog/psych rock . . . or good-old,
flat-out noise. The trio is made up of the regular guitar, bass and drum
lineup--and is fleshed out by loops, toys, devices and beatable objects.
Band members are journeyman drummer/guitarist Tracy Harris (who has played
and worked with members of prog acts Bosch and Red Hush), bassist Willie
Johnson (of noise-core math rockers Vox Humana) and guitarist Jeff McLeod
(formerly of noise rock unit bert and now performing solo under the moniker
of Gezoleen). Stull's new CD is out now on the Subversive Workshop label
and under extrememly limited distro here in the US--and is soon to be
available in Europe via the great Free Land Records of Italy.

SHHHHHHH consists of ben young, marshall avett, and ben lawless .
the unholy tastes of B and M, banned from both dotties and the red light
cafe with their merciless 1s2s&3s experiment, have been carelessly
underdocumented through their entanglements with eyedrum and old gold.
their dynamic dialogue continues unabated even as marshall branches out
into
free jazz (with drummer john bowman) and ben shamelessly plumbs the depths
of pop music with FOREVER. with lawless, also in forever, the two are given
a back drop of fanciful rythmic twists that animate the colors between the
lines of their scattered compositions. as though chris cutler were playing
for
war. or vice versa.  a styrofoam bath of sweet magical embellishments
plague
the reversible foundation of balloon popping sonic tomfoolery. a meeting of
minds in a minefield of unbridled enthusiasm turned callous and confused.

http://www.pd.org/~zeug/EYEDRUM/eyedrum-sched.html

BLESS THIS MESS

Directions:

EYEDRUM is a not-for-profit space and asks that visitors fork over a small

donation to help pay rent and support performers in Atlanta and from around

the country.

Contact EYEDRUM: eyedrum@hotmail.com

EYEDRUM is located at 253 Trinity Avenue

(between Forsyth and Spring streets) on the

first floor in downtown Atlanta.

HOW TO GET THERE:

**From I-75/I-85 North: Take Exit 93 (M. L. King Jr. Blvd.), follow MLK
west six

traffic lights to Peachtree St., turn left onto Peachtree, go two lights to

Trinity Ave., turn right, cross Forsyth St., 253 is on the right, park on
left

for free.

**From I-75/I-85 South: Use HOV Lane exit for Memorial Dr., go straight, at

second light turn left onto Trinity Ave., drive three blocks, 253 is on the

right, free parking on the left.

**From I-20 East or West: Exit at Spring Street, go north on Spring, second

traffic light is Trinity Ave., turn right, park for free on the right, 253
is

across the street.

On MARTA: Get onto the North/South line and get off at the Garnett Station

(S1). Go upstairs, and walk out onto Trinity Ave (it's the only way to walk

out from up there). Turn left on Trinity, cross Forsyth, and 253 is on the

left. Trains run until 1 a.m. and cost roughly $1.50 per trip. MARTA is

smarta, but there's safety in numbers.

>From the trainyards: We're located one block east of the Norfolk Southern

building, southeast

This is not here--