Playing during speeches, etc.

Once I was scheduled to play during a three-day dance festival.
Beforehand,
the local public radio station had four of the organizers appear on their
morning show for an in-studio interview.  They had me come along and play
in
the control room while they conducted a conference interview.  It was
interesting in concept, but from a listeners viewpoint they might as well
have been playing a CD in the background.  Still, any excuse to call in
sick
to work...

TH