Re: chorus delay flange?

mark givens wrote:

> dear list: If i have a dd-5 digital delay with up to 2 seconds of delay
>do i need a chorus or flanger. cant their effect be had with a particular
>setting of the delay [pedal. second .

yes. and theoretically yes. i mean i have both the dd-5 and a tc stereo
chorus/pitch/flanger, but i haven't really been able to convincingly
replicate all the flavors of the latter w/
the former (tho i suppose i haven't needed to :-p); the delay time control
on the dd-5 seems to me much too sensitive (read flexible) to make the
fine adjustments i can with the tc
chorus. also, the tc allows for shifting the width of the modulating
waveform, which i sure can't figure out how to do on the dd-5.

having said that, as much as i love the tc unit, i find these days i have
a lot more use for the dd-5. so if i had to choose between the dd-5 and a
chorus/flange/whatever, i'd more
likely opt for the dd-5. it's a plush little box!

best,

lance g.