R: gibson/steinberger/echoplex

The Steinberger Spirit has been around for a few years, generally
in the $300-400  range, depending on model and vendor.  So the yo-yo price
is
very good, but not as stunning as suggested.

If anyone is curious about the guitar, I have one:  all the parts are
cheaper versions, but it's a pretty decent instrument, and for the money
unbeatable--I replaced the pickups with Barden's and that helped a lot.
(The next step up for me wouldn't be a "real" Steinberger but a Klein.)