Re: vortex memory upgrade?

Kim Flint wrote:

> the thing you get for the jammans are memory modules. what you are
>looking
> for here are chips. The modules might have these chips on them, they
>might
> not. You also might find these chips on old 256K simms that were used in
> computers 10 years ago or so. Someone familiar with electronics surplus
> should be able to find these chips no prob.

yep... they're old mitsubishi chips apparently ... be vewy vewy quiet,
i'm hunting d-wams.

> my guess is if it doesn't recognize the extra memory, it will just work
> like it did before. But it might work, ya never know. It could be they
>were
> just trying to keep the hardware cost down and never did this option, but
> it's there in the software. Jon Durant would probably know, if he's
> actually reading this.

ya never know is right ... i'm more and more inclined to just try it ..
i've gone through (all? most? of) Jon's posts in the archives (a tale of
wo it be, to be sure)... i'm sure he would have mentioned a memory
upgrade at some stage

> I don't see why you couldn't reverse the mod if it doesn't work. Just
>take
> out the new chips and put the old ones back in.

ok... i'm going in ... don't anyone try to stop me ...