Re: echo decay!!!

this is all very weird to me.  if someone mentioned this in casual
conversation
to me I'd assume they were mistaken!  (luckily, you have have authority!)

here's my reasoning:

if the entire signal path is digital, then in LOOP mode there
is simply a digital signal fed back into the main path with a gain of
1.000.

this number 1.000... would be written into software and be "exactly"
the same between two loopers.  no minor variations in machines would
result in slight differences as the algorithm would be exactly the
same.

now, if there were an analog path somewhere in there, then this would
be perfectly reasonable.  there'd be a resistor/potentiometer somewhere
that was slightly maladjusted and somewhere the signal path multiple
would be 0.999 or so instead of 1.000.

here's a thought for you, actually.

I had terrible trouble with a drum machine of mine in one session,
the interesting Korg Electribe ER-1.  It basically worked except
that sometimes it would act as if you brushed the dials with your
hands by mistake (and there was one other feature that didn't work).

At the end of the session, I stared at the whole machine and noticed
that it was using a non-Korg adaptor.  Now, this (Radio Shack)
adaptor had the same specs as the Korg adaptor (9V, tip-, 300 mA I think)
but just switching to the correct power adaptor made it work fine.

Could you be getting slightly low power or amperage?  Perhaps the
power in your studio is below that magic 110V?

        /t