Re: One EDP for two players

At 01:23 AM 11/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>...Have others tried looping other players with your looping device?...

Here's a looping practical joke you might have fun with.

A few months ago, I was jamming with a guitarist I used to play with but
hadn't seen in a few years. In the time since we'd regularly played
together, our styles had diverged somewhat; he used to be Mr. Rackmount and
I used a simpler setup, but we'd gradually gone 180 degrees so he'd been
playing mostly acoustic fingerstyle and I'd been doing a lot more
signal-mangling. In the typical spirit of loop evangelism, I'd been trying
to get him to take up looping, but he seemed to have turned into a bit of a
purist, and subtly projected an attitude that "effects" (as he viewed
looping devices) were gimmicks or crutches to compensate for poor
technique. Now this is from a guy who used to use a huge pedalboard that
resembled a scale model of a large city...

Anyway, while he was setting up, I covertly slipped a mic into the back of
his amp and ran it to my mixer. While we were playing, I'd occasionally
bring up the fader and grab a loop of his playing which became part of my
signal. After one particularly cool improvisation, he said "Wow, that loop
you were doing went perfectly with what I was playing!", to which I had to
confess my trickery.

He has since become an enthusistic looper!

Tim