Re: want to buy an echoplex.

In a message dated 11/21/99 4:31:49 PM, drumzzz@earthlink.net writes:

<< Looking for the complete Oberheim unit with footswitch, also is this
unit
be reissued soon? ( I'm completely new to this) thanks, Craig Zarkos .
San Diego Ca.

There's one for auction on E-Bay right now (being sold by a Looper's
Delight
poster). You can expect to pay between $700 and $1200 for a 'Plex with the
footswitch and Maxed out memory.  Theoretically they will be made again.
Since you are 'new' to this, I would suggest trying a Boomerang (they are
coming out with an upgraded model really soon!). I own all of the 'big
three'
(JamMan, EDP and Boomerang), and for simple loop/overdub playing the
boomerang is the easiest to use. It is lacking in Delay feedback control
(it
is on or off), and doesn't have MIDI sync...also doesn't sound as good as
the
EDP, but I think that the upgrade is improving the sonics....
John Painter
johnflem@aol.com