Re: delay -> looper || player -> loopist -> musician

At 11:57 PM 11/22/99 -0500, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/22/99 7:14:12 PM Mid-Atlantic Standard Time,
>hartne.t@apple.com writes:
>
><< I'd say "no". >>
>
>so , independent loopers, when playing together, will need some form of
>"midi" or something, to sync them?

Some will; some won't.

I was happily using my RE-301 and a couple RDS-1900s on my end, neither of
which had MIDI, with a secondary looper using a drum machine or other and a
couple of old Library of Congress tape machines with pitch adjust.  The
technology never got in the way, nor did we have a problem that was noticed
live or in reviewing the concert tapes afterwards.

One show we did was that array plus a keyboard player using his echoplex
with about 1 minute on the spool as a loop; worked just fine.

It all depends on the quality of your musicians and how well they know
their equipment.

>........there seems to be something
>inorganically wrong with that outlook.

You'll find absolutists anywhere, who insist that without X or Y that Z is
impossible to attain.  Half the fun is proving them wrong. :)

--
the Reverend Rob      ICQ: 1280871          Yahoo: theReverendRob
http://www.realm-of-shade.com .`. .`. .`. .`. http://www.qblh.com