Re: Off topic: CD recorders

In a message dated 11/22/99 4:13:50 PM, myoder@tamiu.edu writes:

<< This is a little bit off topic, but still relates to our craft:

Has anyone had experience with recordable CD machines, such as the TASCAM
CD-RW5000 or the Marantz CDR630?  In particular, I'm wondering how well
their respective "Sample Rate Converters" work (this is the circuitry that
automatically converts 48kHz DAT data to 44.1kHz CD data), how easily one
can edit song numbering, and how easily one can record one song at a time
onto a CD. >>

I have a Marantz 615....the Converters sound great to me.  Of course there
is
a difference between 48K and 44.1K, but it still sounds like music ;)
You CAN'T edit song numbers on mine.  You CAN easily record one song at a
time, but it can't be played on a regular CD player until it has been
"finalised" (about a 2 minute process that makes the song numbers readable
"Red Book Standards").
John Painter
<A HREF="http://www.flemingandjohn.com">flemingandjohn.com</A>