Re: delay -> looper || player -> loopist -> musician

Retriggering a loop every eight seconds (to pick a random usable length)
sounds like a drag when I'm trying to also play a traditional instrument
and
add to the loop.  Also, I don't know an easy way to edit off a two
millisecond timing glitch in the heat of battle if one's tap accuracy is
+/-
two milliseconds (which is what started the problem in the first place).

Plus...the other musicians have their own rhythmic inaccura--uh, "feel" and
if they push forward to meet the loop while you're shaving time off the
loop
at the same time, things can get avant garde real quick.  No-one's time is
perfect, but good musicians are constantly adjusting to the other musicians
so everything hangs together.  A looping device doesn't listen and can't
stretch the last beat of a bar or hurry on the one to meet what's going on
with the rest of ensemble.

If you have two looping devices, unsynced, and you're concerned about
interlocking rhythmic patterns while perhaps also keeping time with a
drummer, than you've really got your work cut out for you.  I think many
people will find it too much to juggle.

None of which means you can't use multiple looping devices in an ensemble
situation, but you may have to shift your musical approach to accommodate
the technology.

TH