Re: delay -> looper || player -> loopist -> musician

93

the Reverend Rob wrote:

First off, I didn't know you were a looping musician! Good to see you
here as well as on thelema93-l.

> One show we did was that array plus a keyboard player using his echoplex
> with about 1 minute on the spool as a loop; worked just fine.
>
> It all depends on the quality of your musicians and how well they know
> their equipment.

As always.

> >........there seems to be something
> >inorganically wrong with that outlook.
>
> You'll find absolutists anywhere, who insist that without X or Y that Z
>is
> impossible to attain.  Half the fun is proving them wrong. :)

Heh. I, on the other hand, have has grave difficulties getting a simple
2-chord looped vamp synched by the bassist and drummer, and they were
both good players. It certainly isn't impossible to get multiple loopers
etc playing in sync, but the nature of machines makes it difficult. The
solution is to have a loop device that can actually "listen" and follow
"groove" and not just machine time.

93
Fr. Doubt-Goat

                  Sekhet-Maat Oasis, O.T.O.