Re: > loopist > musician > looper sync

Miko wrote...
>>Now with the EDP and it's quantize functions, I've heard that using
a short segment and using insert or multiply to increase the length
actually will keep it more accurately synched to a clock... midi I
presume.

> Matthias answers...
> it works with MIDI, but better with BrotherSync. No clicks. And
with the moment you start recording, you can choose whether you will
be synced or not (to do the free stuff).
> The advantages of multiplied short loops as base are:
> - the player that comes in later can start with a short loop
> - the multiples can be different for each player. Very interesting:
the rhythm goes on perfectly, but at each repetition, longer phrases
on top of it shift from each other.
> - the second player can come in sooner.

Good points... I'll certainly use them for my looping strategies!
Thanks...

> Using BrotherSync in the version I am working on, the second player
can start his recording while the first is still recording. And it
works free like multiply with rounding and green counter! No
quantizing is necessary! You may choose it though, especially when
playing straight drum machine or sequencer stuff. I dont like it ;-)

So is this the same s/w update that Kim also speaks of with double
speed/half speed options? And what is "green counter"?

And do you have any feel for when Gibson and Trace Elliott might make
new EDP's available? I'm still really steamed that I'm not able to
play in stereo yet...

Best regards,
-Miko