Way OT, Re: begin of millenium.

> I've always liked this philosophy.  Too bad I didn't know about it until
this
> year, otherwise I would've enjoyed being in my 20's while I was still 30!
> It's 31, 41, 51, etc. that we all get to dread from this point forward.

Nope, that doesn't work. The reason the millenium doesn't technically begin
until 2001 is that, back when Ceasar Augustus began the current calendar,
they were using Roman numerals (of course,) and there was no symbol for,
nor
even a concept of "zero." Therefore, they were calling the first year "Year
1" even though a full year had not yet passed in the new calendar. That is
why we will not complete 2000 years until the end of 2001 (2000 years'
worth
of accounting errors notwithstanding; by some accounts we are actually in
the year 2016.)

In your case, however, you were most likely not delared "1 year old" until
you had been alive for one full year. Therefore, at age 30, you have in
fact
completed 30 years of your life.

Sorry to be the spoiler, ;-)
-- Mango --