RE: DL-4 vs. MPX100

>Can you, Scott, or anyone else illuminate the difference between a DL-4
>and
>a Lexicon MPX100 (which is also around $235)?  Does the DL-4 do beautiful
>reverbs?

The DL-4 is designed purely as a delay effect - it contains models of
several "classic" delay pedals (tube & tape echos, the Roland Space Echo,
the EH Deluxe Memory Man, plus reverse, dynamic delay, and volume-swelled
echo effects, among others), with a max of 2.5 seconds of delay.  It is
also usable as a looper (with 14 sec of recording time) with controls
modeled after the Boomerang.  I don't know much about the MPX100, but my
impression is that it's a more general multi-effects unit (although
certainly a good one, judging from its reviews) and would not necessarily
be a good dedicated looper.  Anyone else have any thoughts to add?

Scott Martin
Morrigan Records
scott@morriganrecords.com
http://www.morriganrecords.com