Re: Old school loop stuff

Hi All,

    Once again I am upgrading my offices and studios at work and we are
going to be tossing more stuff.

    Last time I offered up some Telex reel to reel transports, computers
and much cassette stuff .  This time it will be a couple of  transports
7.5 and 15 ips, cassette duplicators, parts, preamps and cassette
playback units 4 track variable speed .  All free.

   I don't know if there are any people out there who work with actual
tape loops.  One of the thing I make extensive use of is what I have
called  a a Loop Arm or guide arm.  This is a simple mechanical device
that uses a telescoping piece of aluminum or wood that holds a guide
bearing (usually out of the parts box ) to replace the first friend of a
tape looper: the pencil.  You make a loop, set the guide or guides at
the appropriate height and distance.  I use an arm fixed to the deck
plate and for longer loops another set atop a microphone stand.

    I am disposing of various types of used/new 1/4 inch tape guides.
Yours for the asking.

    I will be putting a list together over the next week of what I have
to give away. Big stuff you will have to come to Philadelphia, little
stuff I'll ship.

    Anyone who wants a list email me and I will send a list to you as
soon as it is ready.

Happy TG.

Fiveman