Re: any drummers utilizing loopers?

hello craig,

i'm a drummer too - good to hear from another one!

are you going to loop electric or acoustic drums?

i was using a jamman to loop drumset and percussion a couple of years
ago. the concept is good but you've always have to deal with
bleed-through from other instruments & monitors etc. this often leads to
a very lo-fi sound - this can be interesting sometimes but it's probably
not what you always want to have.

if yuh can git an echoplex - go fer it!

i'm now using an mpc2000 with my entire drum set sampled on it - i'm
trying to get something together combining that with my live playing AND
the jamman (controlled by the mpc) - gear mania needless to say ...

solutions?
- in-ear or headphone monitoring (my preference)
- internal/direct miking of toms, bd etc.
- leave the looping to the guitarists :-(

BTW: a great example of live drum looping can be found on the new bobby
previte album PONGA (w/ wayne horvitz, dave palmer, + skerik) - listen
to the end of track 5 ("awesome wells") where the whole band gets looped
and processed (by skerik?) in full muddy glory.

lader eh,
rob