berlin of the loopers

rob,i answered your letter before knowing we are neighbors.
i do agree that the scene here in berlin is developping to this direction.
i have to admit that 6 months ago, i wasn't as electron hip as i am today,
there is something, maybe goining on here...

"
i was using a jamman to loop drumset and percussion a couple of years
ago.
the concept is good but you've always have to deal with bleed-through from
other instruments & monitors etc.
this often leads to a very lo-fi sound - this can be interesting sometimes
but it's probably not what you always want to have.

if yuh can git an echoplex - go fer it!

i'm now using an mpc2000 with my entire drum set sampled on it - i'm
trying to get something together combining that with my live playing AND
the jamman (controlled by the mpc) - gear mania needless to say ...
"

hey man!!
you actually are you working with the mpc2000 live as a looper drummer !

so you probably loop live with the jamboy and have the half of the groove
played from the mpc that has your set sapled or not?

i though you can't do anything with the mpc2000 live.
i mean it's a production tool.
i was actually thinking of using it for my progject for
trough-mixer-band-sampling, and for my musical arrangment.

"
- leave the looping to the guitarists :-(
"

so you don't loop or ...

"
BTW: a great example of live drum looping can be found on the new bobby
previte album PONGA (w/ wayne horvitz, dave palmer, + skerik)
- listen to the end of track 5 ("awesome wells") where the whole band gets
looped and processed (by skerik?) in full muddy glory.
"

aha!! so someone else already took my patent my idea of
trough-mixer-band-sampling, just kidding...
i actuall started thinking about band sampling partly hearing the
king tubby dub work.

am0oa;9)