Re: Kyma system at ebay

cooooooooooooooooooool!

jg

Jim Coker wrote:

Yes, after several years of looping w/ Kyma, I've decided to
sell my system.  The primary reason is that changes in my job
are requring lots of travel. The Capybara is just a bit too
heavy to drag along on every trip, so I've moved my looping
efforts to Supercollider running on a powerbook (a non-trivial,
and some what limiting task).

I think Kyma is an ideal looper's box. Consider this:
- Just over 9 minutes of sample time in the base unit;
max single-delay time 3 min: there's 24MB of RAM for 24-bit
samples for each of 3 DSP's (the 4th is used for housekeeping).
(expandable to 24 chips, or 69 minutes of total looping)
- Four channels of 24-bit Analog or AES/EBU/SPDIF (selectable)
in and out, at rates up to 96Khz (ok, that reduces both
delay time and processing).
(expandable to 8 channels)
- Direct recording to disk.
- SMPTE sync (and others)
- Zillions of processing algorithms for munging loops.

Want long stereo loops? Quad loops? Extra processing?
FX in the feedback path? Backward loops? Variable speed
loop playback?  All that can be done, and relatively
easily --especially since I'll provide the buyer with
a copy of my looping sounds (and other Kyma sounds).
Oh, it's also pretty good at some non-looping tasks :)

The listing is at ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=208656576

Also, if the buyer signs the software liscence agreement,
they get the same level of support offered to new buyers:
Top-notch phone and email support, upgrades, etc. Highly
recommended-- it's like buying a new system w/ a hefty
chunk off the entry fee. Also note that the system I'm
selling offers both PCI inteface cards (for desktops)
and the PC-card for laptops.  Since Kyma does all its work
in hardware, it consumes very little computer power. One
could get Kyma + a decent laptop for the price of a 4000
series Eventide, or a top-level sampler, and neither is
as flexible (other than not requiring a computer).

Feel free to email me directly w/ questions.

Jim