Re: splitting a guitar signal?

On or around 07:13 PM 11/28/99 -0500, Peter Shindler said:

>I want to split my guitar signal and run it into two delay pedals so I can
>have two independent loops running against each other.  What do I need to
>get in order to send the signal in two different directions?

I don't know what pedals you're using, or if they have a direct out.  If
they do, it's extremely simple.  Run one direct/dry out into the next
unit.

> If there's more than one way, what's the cheapest solution?  Thanks.

The "cheapest" solution is to get a y-cable splitter and fork the signal.
Your tone, however, will likely suffer.  Personally, I'd recommend a cheap
4-track mixer or something equivalent to split the signal if your delay
units don't have a direct/dry out, or consider one of the a/b/a+b channel
switchers on the floor.

Your mileage will vary; I use rack delays with dry outs, so I've never had
to contend with this. ;)

==
the Reverend Rob        ICQ: 1280871      Yahoo: theReverendRob
http://www.realm-of-shade.com/music