Re: Andre LaFosse CD -> Andre ROCKS!

At 11:02 AM -0800 11/24/99, Andre LaFosse wrote:
>[WARNING: Self-promotional blurb follows immediately]
>
>Hello people --
>
>Not much I can add to the subject: I have an album available.

So I got Andre's cd yesterday. I'm listening to it for the second time now,
all I can say is, IT ROCKS! Nice work Andre!

It's definitely a guitar album, which as many of you may have noticed, is
NOT something I go for much these days. But Andre plays like a mofo and has
a cool, modernized style that mixes things up quite a bit, he sounds like
Andre and not somebody else. It's one of the more interesting guitar things
I've heard in quite some time. Strike that, the ONLY interesting one...:-)
If it has this much guitar and I liked it, it must be pretty good...;-)

Very hyper-active, drum&bass/rock hybrid, kept my head bopping through the
whole thing. Fabulous breakbeat styled drum programming that sounds like a
whole lot of effort went into it. Very creative, intricate beats, well
done, with plenty of variety to keep things interesting. One thing I like
about the guitars is the modern, cut and paste approach. Straight guitar
stuff has been chopped up and mashed around and reconstructed, much the way
drum&bass tracks are usually composed. It's done well too, I love the
effect. I think a lot of it is done live/semi-live too, using an Echoplex
and vortex. The compositions and melodies are solid, they're definitely
sticking in my brain so something is right about it! My only nit (and it's
not that bad really) is it could have more bass for my taste, maybe bring
out the low-end in the mix a bit more. (don't forget the bass in drum&bass
:-)  It's cool that everything but the drums is done with guitars, but
maybe guitars aren't the best way to make a bass sound. Overall though, I
love it, thumbs way up!

BTW Andre, the MP3's on your site don't do you justice. Listening to the CD
I liked it a lot better than what I listened to on your site. what you've
got up there is ok, cause it's all good really, but somehow I think there
are some much better parts you can pick. Show off more of the songs
themselves, and some of those great interludes and drum breaks.....

anyway, y'all should treat yourself to this one, buy it now:

>For more sound samples, info, and a secure server for online ordering,
>you can visit my home page:
>
>http://www.altruistmusic.com

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |