digital errors?

after copying some of my improv stuff(looping)to cds ive noticed some
peculiar stuff
i only own copies of copies of my originals(the originals were on my HD
but i
erased them after i burned them)and the original copies i gave away to
friends
now i know in analog recording you hvae generation loss, and it can be
substancial
but ive noticed alot of digital errors now in the recordings, little
clicks
or skips, some are really noticable
whats going on here?is it a problem of imperfect media(cdr's)or is
something
lost everytime?!
a friend of mine told me once(i hardly listen to him)programs like WinDAC
not
being the best for copying digital audio
that they go to fast(hence digital erros)??
and on another list somebody was talking about how his cd masters do not
sound like the cd copies(in timbre)
can that be possible if all thats being transfered is 1s and 0s?

thanks

rodrigo