Re: digital errors?

When you made multiple copies of the CD, did you create them all from your
hard drive? Or did you create a 'master' CD and then copy them from that?

I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator. I also have a program called CD Copier
deluxe. Sometimes the latter program produces the errors that you
described,
so instead, I use Easy CD Creator for copying. I just pull the tracks from
drive D (my CD rom) instead of my hard drive.

Sometimes you can get that kind of digital error if you have the incorrect
file types. My CD's come from .wav files on my hard drive and turn into
.cda
files on my CD's. A friend had problems when the CD burning program turned
the .wav files into some different file type. Sorry, but I don't know much
more about this.

Sometimes bad processing programs can produce these errors too. Try a
before
& after listen when running tracks through normalizers, noise reducers, or
clip correction programs.

You're right, when you're copying CD's, duplicates should sound exactly
like
the master, regardless of the quality of the CDR. You might want to make
sure your CD copying program isn't trying to "correct" the audio between
CD1
and CD2(by running a normalizer or something). CDR quality supposedly
reflects 2 aspects: 1) How long the CD lasts, since CDR's are made with
organic burnable material. 2)The percentage of CD's that are 'duds', or
aren't recordable at all. I've been using the cheapest CD's with impunity.
Who knows if my masters are going to degrade in 2 years or 10 years
though.
(Anyone know how long CDR's are supposed to last?)

Mr. Tough