      From:    Kriist [mailto:Kriist@aol.com]
      Sent:    Monday, November 29, 1999 7:33 PM
      To:      Loopers-Delight
      Cc:      Kriist
      Subject: digital errors?

      after copying some of my improv stuff(looping)to cds ive noticed
      some
      peculiar stuff
      i only own copies of copies of my originals(the originals were on
      my HD but i
      erased them after i burned them)and the original copies i gave
      away to friends
      now i know in analog recording you hvae generation loss, and it
      can be
      substancial
      but ive noticed alot of digital errors now in the recordings,
      little clicks
      or skips, some are really noticable
      whats going on here?is it a problem of imperfect media(cdr's)or is
      something
      lost everytime?!
      a friend of mine told me once(i hardly listen to him)programs like
      WinDAC not
      being the best for copying digital audio
      that they go to fast(hence digital erros)??
      and on another list somebody was talking about how his cd masters
      do not
      sound like the cd copies(in timbre)
      can that be possible if all thats being transfered is 1s and 0s?

      thanks

      rodrigo