RE: digital errors?

On writing data CDRs (including burning music via computer--Toast, Jam,
etc.):  material I have read indicates that 2X speed is always preferred,
and is even more reliable than 1X speed.  Though I don't know a checksum
from my ass, my experience bears this out, and a co-worker at my job who
burns CDRs all day agrees.  For whatever it's worth.

David Myers