Re: feedback matrix loops

>ive spent alot of time browsing David Myers page (pulsewidth)this weekend
>and
>have taken a keen interest in this idea
>this have the fun time i had last week taking the out from my stereo
>delay/reverb pedal back into the input and getting a world of sounds(then
>again, that pedal is broken anyhow so it makes a world of sounds on its
>own)
>what sort of commercial mixers(pref rack mountable)come close to the ideal
>matrix?
>i suppose just lots of aux and routing capabilities?
>
>rodrigo

>i think mr. myers was using custom equipment, no?
>
>later,
>rob

Using a commercial mixer can open up some additional possibilities for
matrixing, like having EQ on every channel, but the problem is in finding
one with more than two aux sends at a good price.  As far as I can see, the
Mackie 1604 is about as cheap as you can go to get 4 sends, pretty much a
minimum in my book for real Feedback Music.

Building a small mixer is the way to go; not long ago I made a mono mixer
with seven channels and seven sends, which is very useful.  But be warned
that building mixers is a boring, seemingly thankless task.  Until you get
feedbackin, that is!  It's simple, if you can bear it--see Craig Anderton's
Electronic Projects for Musicians.  Good luck.

David Myers