From: the Reverend Rob [mailto:reverendrob@realm-of-shade.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 1:15 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: Re: reeeeaalyy lon echooo

At 08:39 AM 12/1/99 -0800, mark givens wrote:

> even if not what is the use of an echo that
>is longer  than say 30 seconds.

One of my favorite loop toys while it lasted was an old absolutely trashed
EP-3 with the record head fried; I'd turn it on at the beginning of a show
and let it roll, and after about 20 minutes it degenerated into brilliant
white noise with a semblance of character.  This was with the stock 3
minute tape cartridge, ad I absolutely loved the thing.  The big use for
massive delay length is for "non-standard" music, although I'm there are a
few people who would argue otherwise. :)

>Im  just trying to get my head around  that kind
>of echo.

Get yourself an old answering machine loop tape; they're usually about
15-30 sec depending on manufacturer.  Record on it.  Hit play.  Start
wanking with your instrument(s) of choice.  Don't try to get your head
around it at first; just let your fingers do it.

>I notice mst people on this list play guitar through phrase
>samplers .

I run EVERYTHING through my rack, be it vocals, guitar, gods know what,
cable taps, childrens toys et al.

>I use a keyboard in  hip hop style so  guess theres some kinf\d
>of u2 like use for this.

Far more than U2-like use; one of my favorite toys is my RDS 3.6 set at
3600 ms with the sweep filters on.

==
the Reverend Rob      ICQ: 1280871
http://www.realm-of-shade.com/music