Re: Line6 DL4 only loops 2.5 seconds???

Jprice wrote:

>Whats the deal with loops that decay ?
>
>It seems that according to the manual, the dl4 will decay the last
>recorded
>phrase ever so slowly each time the overdub function is activated. thats
>not
>looping...thats just a long delay that eventually fades.

This is a normal scheme for many looping delays, to avoid overload and
distortion, adding new audio (overdubbing) ever so slightly reduces the
level of previous overdubs.

Turn overdub off and it'll happily loop forever, and even with overdub on I
suspect it'll be hard to notice the difference too quickly...

Maybe Line6 was clever like the Aurisis boys and set the overdub to only
work if it detects audio (a noisegate type of function).

Given a choice I'd rather have two Echoplex's with Loop IV software, but am
considering fleshing out my lone Echoplex with a DL4.

Mark