looper's missing delay presets -- why?

I find it very frustrating that usual looping devices (such as EDP, Zoom
2100, etc.) do not include a possibility of delay length preset.  I like
to use precise strange and long delay times for my looping compositions,
and tapping is sometimes too inconvenient, especially when on stage.

Any ideas why this feature is usually neglected?

petr  (pepetr@yahoo.com)

=====

Nasledujici oznameni je bohuzel nevyhnutelne.  V zadnem pripade ale
neznamena, ze bych osobne chtel propagovat tuto spolecnost.