Re: Multiple loopers

----- Original Message -----
From: George McConnell <gcm22@drexel.edu>

> What is the advantage of having more than one looping unit?  Can you
attain
> a longer looping time, or what?
> Let me add that you all have been of incomparable help in my wish to know
> more about looping.  I guess loopers are really great people!

The big advantage for me has been the new sounds I can make by running 2
loops together with different sample times.  For instance, if I set one
loop
for 4 seconds and the other for 3 seconds, then I get sort of a meta-loop
that repeats every 12 seconds as they go out of synch then back in.  This
can make things a lot more dynamic and less repetitous.

Also, the devices I've got (2 DOD DFX94 pedals) are very limited compared
an Echoplex or Boomerang; they'll each only hold maybe 8 or 9 layers before
the old ones fade out, so having two of them enables me to keep twice as
many layers alive, hence twice the noise!

Peter