Re: misleading info on the Line 6 DL4

In a message dated 12/1/99 8:47:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com writes:

<< Whats the deal with loops that decay ?

> It seems that according to the manual, the dl4 will decay the last
>recorded
 phrase ever so slowly each time the overdub function is activated. thats
not
 looping...thats just a long delay that eventually fades. I dont wanna
believe
 my own eyes. also, have not had a chance to hear a dl4 yet. And what is
the
> actually time u get for looping both with or without overdubs ?

The max looping time is 14 seconds, with or without dubs - the max delay
time
on the rest of the delay models is 2.5 seconds.  The thing defintely
'loops'
by anyone's definition of the word, i.e., anytime you want you can close
the
loop and wail over it without adding onto it, layer another part, then
close
it again.  It actually takes quite a while for the repeats to fade out on
their own (and that's only when the overdubbing function is 'open')

 >i like the sound of all the things u can do with an expression pedal for
this
 unit but another question i have is does the expression pedal have to be
 line 6 unit or can ya use any old expression pedal u may have around your
 home ? >>

I have a Boss EV-5 that works just fine with it

The modulation pedal is not out yet - West L.A. Music (where I got mine
for
$229) said they are expected in Dec. 12.  The distortion modeler will be
out
"sometime in February".

Ken R