Re: Drum machines

Listen, before you look into a drum machine look into sample cd's for your
sampler (if you don't have a sampler you need one of them first)  They
make
hundreds of different cd's with breakbeats for techno, hip hop, trip hop,
trance, ect.- any kind of music you want.  I have a couple of drum
machines
that I'm not really satisfied with.  I have the Alesis SR 16 and the Boss
DR
202.  The Alesis drums sound great- like real live drums and is pretty
easy
to use but to me it really doesn't do the job- it's made in 1991 and to me
thats how it sounds.  The DR 202 is decent and you could probably find one
used or on blowout for about$200 but the drums in it for the most part
aren't
that good unless you're doing drum n bass or techno stuff- you can edit
the
drum sounds a good bit but I don't feel like I got $400 worth of equipment
from this thing.  I heard the new Korg drum machine is nice but I'd look
into
drum sample cd's.  For about $100 you get about 500 drum loop samples that
you can manipulate to almost any form of music.  For any more info just
e-mail me back......